What makes this book unique, informative and interesting
It is one of the first such publications from over 1.4 million Indians who have chosen the USA as their domicile.
- It is the story of perhaps the ‘most educated, most successful and the most industrious’ group of migrants in the history of America.
- It is a unique orientation for the readers to know how life was in the pre-independent, colonial, British India during the global depression times; and about its rich, colorful, cultural customs, festivals and traditions.
- It is the fairy-tale of a child who got his first pair of footwear in his 6th grade and who studied under the light of a kerosene lamp, managing to become a doctor, crossing the seas to get over to America, establishing as a successful physician and the president of a nationally known medical clinic.
- It is the narrative of the first wave of immigrants from the subcontinent who brought in, initiated and then established awareness of ancient Indian philosophy and culture in the cowboy country.
- It is also the chronicle of a typical migrant who contributed much to enrich the country he has chosen as his domicile, thus presenting a bold case on the political dialog scene and the extreme viewpoints in our ongoing presidential debates.